After some delay, we’ve managed to get our forums back online. We are now using new forum software and have relocated it to a new host. We have converted as much of the old forums over as we could, but there are some things which either didn’t get migrated or just need to be reconfigured by our users.
Things to know:
- You can log in using your old username.
- You will first need to have your password resent. Then you can log in and re-set the password to whatever you want.
- Avatars did not migrate. You will need to pick or upload a new avatar if you want one.
- Signatures. Same as Avatars. You’ll need to redo it.
- Make sure you set an appropriate TimeZone
- “Subscriptions” do work with this board. If you want to subscribe to a particular thread or category, you’ll have to set up a new subscription.
- This board supports RSS feeds, but I have yet to enable that feature. We will sometime in the future.
- This board supports “Skins”. I currently only have 2 loaded. You can choose the skin you want at the very bottom of the page in the dropdown (bottom left).
- Once logged in, use the “My Controls” to set up much of this.
- Some older posts that have links, in particular where maybe one of the Natara staff posted a link reference to another post on the forum, may be invalid links now. We will have to manually update those, so it may be on an “As needed” basis.
- Old “user ranks” are not in place. Not sure if we’ll re-assign those or not.
- We are still “tweaking”… so there will be other changes.